It’s common that for General Excellence categories or for complete PR campaigns, contestants may have very large PDF files to enter into a contest. Some contestants use their own accounts on third-party e-publishing vendors such as Issu, VuDu or RealView — all provide page-by-page streaming of documents. A published document on a third-party site can then be entered into BetterBNC by way of a web URL. Contestants making entries in this manner should be reminded that it is their responsibility to maintain their third-party accounts until after judging.
Most very large PDF files can be easily reduced in size using Adobe Acrobat or other programs to reduce the PDF file size before uploading. Select the file compression options and a lower resolution for “web viewing” — 72-99 dpi is sufficient.
If you have any questions about your large file entries, simply contact us or you can complete a Trouble Ticket and we’ll get back to you.
Why BetterBNC — an easy, intuitive online platform designed specifically for the print and broadcast media, creative and PR industries?
- Operates on powerful cloud servers to ensure smooth operation even during the busiest of contest seasons.
- Includes robust standard features and can be customized to your unique contest requirements.
- Encourages industry best-practices for fairness, transparency and ethical behavior.
- Features designed to help your contestants and judges manage their work efficiently.
- Accommodates contests of all sizes and complexities.
- Is an affordable and efficient contest solution for all types of media organizations.
- BetterBNC is repeatedly recognized for its outstanding user support and administrator training.
- BetterBNC’s Advisor Group, made up of contest executives and senior admins, provides valuable oversight and gives you a voice in new features and benefits.
BetterBNC is being used by hundreds of organizations across North America and thousands of contestants. Schedule a complimentary demo today and see how BetterBNC can improve your organization’s contest experience for your contest admin, judges and contestants. Email email@example.com for details.